1. I'm in a bit of a funk. Former house related - I miss it.
2. I think one way to overcome it would be a little scrapbooking. Definitely more constructive and healthier than say, baking something with lots of chocolate.
3. Went to Hershey Park last weekend. And ran into several people we know - isn't it weird to see familiar faces far from home? One of the families we stumbled upon were our favorite neighbors. Actually ran into them while making a pre road trip bagels & coffee run and realized we were both headed to the same place. It was good to hang out with them again. Sigh.
4. Loving the blog Small Notebook. Manageable and usable advice kindly given for living with less. I'm particularly fond of this post: How To Make Things Harder and Do Nothing. Scary when it seems a stranger is privy to your inner workings.
5. I fawned over the latest John Derian goodies at Target yesterday. Specifically school/office supplies (like I need those).Oh my.
6. Finished this: Room by Emma Donoghue - currently shortlisted for the Booker Prize, definitely getting a lot of hype. After a few days of sitting with my thoughts on this one...it's a stunner. But not in a cheap thrill kind of way. Powerful and brilliant and masterfully done. Skip reading too many descriptions and try to read it straight through (it's hard to put down).
7. Almost finished with What Alice Knew by Paula Marantz Cohen - historical fiction/mystery. Good stuff.
8. Here's our girlie... waiting and watching for her brothers.
9. Visited Lower School Chapel today - the 3rd grade (our Caleb)- performing Noah's Ark. Kids singing in bathrobes with stuffed animals can brighten any morning.
10. What do you do when you are feeling blue?