Thought I'd show you what is catching my eye this week in books and life, with a distinctly homekeeping/cooking slant. My nesting is not a result of pregnancy, I promise. I blame September.
1. My new favorite bookish website, a total lifesaver/timesaver for me - Any New Books. Subscribe and get weekly emails with all the new titles you wish. Ahh..Enabling at it's finest.
3. Making today: dinner for a friend with a new baby. Tortellini soup with turkey meatballs. And an apple crisp. Trying out some newfangled paper baking dish...is it bad that I smell burnt paper instead of warm apples?
4. Things we are loving from Trader Joes's...the salt and pepper rice chips dipped in TJ's white bean tuscan hummus. Nectarines. Mahi Mahi burgers. I put blackened seasoning in some mayo, add mixed greens and the kids are downing some serious fish burgers. Hooray!
5. Finished Atlas of Love last week - loved the narrator's perspective on life as a story. Also reading The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot (my prediction for Oprah's next book club pick-tba Sept 17) and Emily Hudson by Melissa Jones. Started The Tower, The Zoo and The Tortoise by Julia Stuart, and I must say so far, I'm not impressed. Total bummer. I'm only sticking with it because Books on the Nightstand loved it and they are usually right.6. Tangled Web: Through My Friend Amy, stumbled on the Rabbit Room, and then to artist Evie Coates' blog where I have been lost for the last day or so. And it's nice to find another lovely Evie in the world.
7. Our Evie has taken to wearing a green bucket on her head.
8. Currently: giving up our garage in order to get all the unpacked remnants out of daily living spaces. It was weighing me down spiritually, emotionally, and physically. Now I get to clean the garage, but it is much better than tripping over boxes and feeling like our house is not a home.
9. My back to school present to myself was this:
10. This week: Out the house - back to school night, family night at church, opening day for soccer season, and a back to school picnic. In the house - the start of soup making season and trying not to be late for all out the house activities.
What's new in your world this week?