1. Preparing for snow. Pantry is stocked. Books are standing by. Schools are closing early. Bring it on.
2. My car battery died this morning. Thankfully it was in front of the house, not in the garage. And Karl was starting my car for me at 7:30, which is about 3 hours earlier than I normally leave the house. AAA came quickly, I drove it to dealer and was back in business by 11am. Quick turnaround left me unable to take advantage of the dealer's free manicure while you wait service. Of course.
3. Working on new designs for The Paper Pear . Saw similar collage art in PB Kids and Ballard Designs catalogs this week. Feeling validated instead of discouraged. Also pricing prints for wholesale - found an awesome enviro friendly local printer.
4. Still reading Madame Bovary for classics read-a-long. Anyone else started this one? Miji described this as "you think it's going to be like Anna K., but it isn't". So far, she's right. (Do not fear it is MUCH shorter.)
5. Made the Spicy Pulled Pork from PW Cooks. That was a big hunka meat - SEVEN pounds of pork. Everyone (the guys) loved it. Say hello to leftovers. It made tons - I'm adding it to my large gathering recipe file. I would have taken pictures but it didn't look as good as it tasted.
6. Eagerly waiting for the arrival of this book to my door:
7. Did you know I have a small obsession with melamine trays? Here is my latest fave:
Scrimshaw Moby Tray by Thomas Paul @ Velocity Art & Design.
8. Evie update: she is extremely busy - talking on the phone, accessorizing (with her dollar store bead necklaces) , cooking (her bead necklace souffle), feeding baby doll (while talking on the phone and baby hangs upside down), closing important business deals. You know, pretty much the same stuff I do except she's more productive.
9. Other things I am working on: slideshow for a PTA meeting, researching a cookbook fundraiser for school (anyone have any experience/recommendations?), locating my missing ipod, clearing off the kitchen counters (hoping to find previous item), doing a large review post for the last 5 books from 2010, finishing the take no prisoners closet/dresser cleanout.
10. As an update to Professor Grant Horner's Bible Reading Plan - turns out my parents are friends with his parents. Not from church but professionally - pre-retirement. I obviously didn't put it together because I only know their first names. But I do enjoy It's a Small World moments like these. Here is the nifty checklist we are using to keep us on track from takebackyourtemple.
11. There is a house for sale that I love but it is lacking a desired 4th bedroom. Notice I didnt say required. The hubs might say required, but I say squeeze 'em in! I know a lot of people are in the every kid should have their own room school of thought, but we have always had some combination of boys sharing even with 4 brms. We also only have books and music and beds in their rooms - they aren't set up as playrooms or for homework. What are your thoughts on sharing bedrooms? I mean, I have to share mine...