1. Just because I am a borderline obsessive reader, please don't get the wrong impression that there is a trickle down effect in my home. While I think I have properly followed whatever formula grows little readers, namely reading aloud, the results may say otherwise. Two of my four are reluctant readers. Owen's class has a bookworm challenge - points for every 50 pages read, which means chapter books! - his pace is slow, but with some encouragement he finished his first one - Pirate School. And all my children's literature snobbery is thrown out the window. Because I would gladly procure multiple cheesy short chapter books for more "I did it" grins.
2. Happy February! (How can this be?)
3. The Official New House Search was scheduled to begin February 1st. But there was a request made by the person whose income makes house searching possible to postpone, hence I am waiting. VERY IMPATIENTLY I might add.
4. Ordered Downton Abbey Season 1 today. Because even though the weather has been pretty mild, I want to be prepared for any future hunkering. And it's still new enough that I can successfully catch up.
5. If you haven't already, check out my giveaway for Paris, My Sweet - it ends in a few hours - and share your favorite treat. I had one in mind until I read your favorites and decided I love them all. But seriously, tiramisu is my all time fave. For pastry - it is pain au chocolat. Although I also love German pastry Chocolate Schnecke (reminds me of a combo of pain au chocolat and rugelach) which I can't help but pronounce like Chris Farley - Schnikies!