The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffengger
You may answer as many (or all) of the questions as you wish. You are totally free to ask each other questions and talk about the book to your heart's desire. Enjoy.
Questions borrowed from www.about.com by Erin Collazzo Miller
- Why do you think Niffenegger used the title The Time Traveler's Wife instead of just The Time Traveler?
- The story is sometimes told by Clare, sometimes by Henry. Did you like how it was organized? How did their different perspectives help you understand their love?
- For Clare, there is always a sense of waiting. Discuss the different ways she is waiting throughout the story. What roles do longing, anticipation and absence play?
- Who is your favorite character?
- How does their desire for a child affect their relationship?
- Do you believe Alba will have a better life than Henry? How is her perspective on time travel different than his?
- How is their relationship changed by the fact that they experience events at different times--I.E. Clare experiences in her childhood what Henry will not experience for decades?
- Is this story fatalistic?
- Do you agree with Henry's rule of keeping the future a secret from himself so he can live as normal a life as possible? Discuss the times that he breaks this rule and whether you think those are good decisions.
- Did you like the ending?
- Rate this book on a scale of one to five
And just because I'm nosy:
a. The movie will be coming out later this year. Do you plan on seeing it? Why or why not?
b. How would you describe this book to someone?
c. Were you hooked from the start, or did it take some getting used to?
d. Like it or not, are you glad you read it?
Stay tuned for a timeline to help refresh your memory...
If you are curious to read more about the author, visit her site at www.audreyniffenegger.com